Monday, November 24, 2008

God has two dwellings: one in heaven, and the other in a meek and thankful heart.

The subject of this post is a quote from 17th Century British writer, Izaak Walton. It seemed to fit well here, as does this line whose author I am unable to determine:

I wake each morning with the thrill of expectation

and the joy of being alive.
And I'm thankful for this day.

Watching this video reminded me not only how short life is, but that it's not the quantity of our years that is important, but the quality of our years. Brenden had only 11 years of life, but he lived a real life, and was thankful for the time he was given.

As Thanksgiving Day approaches, it also personally reminds me that--while sometimes I may lose sight of it every now & again--I don't need a national holiday to be thankful for all the blessings in my life.

No comments: