Monday, January 21, 2008

Until justice flows down like water and righteousness like a mighty stream...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s real birthday was January 15, but this is the day our nation officially honors the civil rights icon.

Not much I can write about a man about whom so much has been said & written already.

Just one thing:

Thank you, Dr. King, for setting us all free!

May each of us, in our way, honor your bravery & your work & help hasten the day when "liberty & justice for all" are more than just words we commit to memory, but ideas to which we commit our lives!

2 comments:

CP said...

We still have a long way to go before we can be called a free nation. Rights that apply to one group of people need to apply to everyone. I wonder what MLK would think...knowing that any two people in love cannot be married. But the man allowed all of us to live freely under the protection of civil rights. That alone is reason to give him his day and his due.

CP

Miss Britt said...

I just read the I Have A Dream speech from beginning to end - I think maybe for the first time.

All these years later, it gives me chills.